Monday, March 16, 2009

12 HOURS TO GO

It's 7:30 on Monday. 12 hours left until Dr. Razook raises his scalpel and makes his first incision. He stopped by today to reassure her that he is ready to go, fully prepared and has reserved the OR for the whole day so there is no rush to get done. She was with her dad when he came in and Phil reminded him that she was his baby. Dr. Razook assured him that she would be treated like family and well taken care of. I have all the confidence in the world that he will do all in his power to fix her heart and bring it back to me and her sons.

While she was visiting with her doctors, I took Harrison to his doctor because he woke up last night with a fever of 103. He was still warm this morning and as a precaution we decided to have him checked out. Turns out he has double ear infections. Yeesh...as if we didn't have enough to worry about. His doctor told me to give him antibiotics and to hurry back to Kristi's side. He said that Harrison was a lot like his mom. If he's gonna do it, might as well do it big. I dropped him off at Phil's house, took a shower and left him playing with Kathy with a big Popsicle grin on his face. He waved at me and said "Bye Dad" and looked at me like he knew. Like he was saying don't worry about me Dad, go help Mom get better. She hasn't seen him since Wednesday because he's been sick. I can only imagine how much that hurts.

When I came back, Kristi and I sat together and talked. Talked about our boys, our life together and about how important it is for her to come back.

Tomorow is going to be a trying day for me, our families and especially for her. She will be wheeled down around 6:30 and I will stay with her until they kick me out. I plan to be the last face she sees before she goes under. She wrote me a letter that I just finished reading, by myself, in her car in the parking lot. I can't share the details but I can say that it was hard to finish through the tears. I wrote her a letter too and I'm sure she is reading it as I write this. It amazes me to see the amount of strength she has, the confidence she has in her doctors and her will to live. Her will to come back to us.

Stay tuned tomorrow as there will be many updates. They give me a pager and are supposed to update me every hour. Join as a follower to this blog and I think they will email you when something new gets posted.

Please say a prayer for her tonight. Give your babies hugs until it hurts. And please let Kristi be in your thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment