Tuesday, March 17, 2009

IN RECOVERY

We are up in the ICU and she is recovering.

When I got up here she was still on a vent and she had a central line (IV) in her neck. They were giving her platelets, insulin, nitroglycerin, antibiotics and morphine. She had color in her cheeks and was awake. When I touched her finger with mine, she squeezed it in her hand and opened her big green eyes. I was so happy to see her again.

Her BP, pulse and oxygen levels all were normal and the valve was working. If you get real close, you can hear it clicking. Something we will all have to get used to.

She was getting really annoyed that she was on a vent and kept pointing at it and moaning for them to take it off. They turned the machine off so she could breathe on her own (tube was still in just in case) and checked her blood gasses. All was fine and 15 mins later they took the tube out. They still have her on oxygen to help keep her levels up.

The doctors are amazed that she is doing so well, so early on. She was under for 7 hours and although they tried to slowly bring her back, she woke up very quickly. He first requests were for lip balm and cold towels on her feet because she was hot. We talked for a while and then the morphine took over and she went to sleep.

I am staying here tonight until they kick me out and I will be back in the morning. Early.

Kristi is very grateful that so many people followed along with her surgery. I want to personally thank Mike, Shawn and my parents for being here with me today and helping me get through it. Although I was coming off as calm on the outside, I was full of anxiety on the inside. Thank you Ron for watching Hudson today and Tiffany for hanging out with Harrison (he is feeling much better). You helped more than you know.

I will let everyone know how she is doing over the next few days. You can come see her starting Thursday and through the weekend...she will most likely be here until Monday of next week. Then...we get to to home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment