Wednesday, March 11, 2009

THE T.E.E.

3/11/09 - 4PM

I'm down in the cafeteria right now eating some White Chocolate Macadamia Nut frozen yogurt with multicolored sprinkles while Kristi is going thorough one of the most horrible tests I can imagine. It really didn't hit me until I heard the doctor explain what he was going to do.

First they are going to administer I.V. medication to keep her from vomiting while they do the scan. Then they will have her gargle with viscous lidocaine to numb the back of her throat. After that they inject her with a sedative and try to keep her on the edge of consciousness. And finally they take a 3 foot metal rod with a sensor at the end and put it down her throat for 15 to 20 minutes. She needs to swallow to help them get it down there..that is why they keep her on the edge of consciousness.

And then he asked me to leave to room.

So I am down here...eating frozen yogurt...gonna go back up at 4:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment